Friday, October 30, 2009

Adoption: A Real Act of Love and Kindness


"The Answer to an Adopted Child: Not Flesh Of My Flesh, Nor Bone Of My Bone, But still Miraculously My Own. Never Forget For One Minute: You Didn't Grow Under My Heart, But In It."


My mom was adopted, and she thanks God everyday that her biological mother chose life for her. She's been trying to find a way to send a letter to her mother so she can thank her for choosing life, and tell her how much she appreciates what she did. However, as much as she wants to thank her birth mother, she loves the parents she has now, and wouldn't change what happened to her for the world. My grandparents got lucky, mostly because back when they were adopting, abortions were illegal and contraceptives weren't as common, so there were many more children up for adoption. Now, thanks to abortion and contraception, 600,000 children are put up for adoption every year, but 2,000,000 couples are looking to adopt because they can't have children of their own. And several of those couples want to adopt more than one child. The numbers don't add up.


Please, give your baby a chance at a happy, wonderful life with one of these couples who are praying for children. As the daughter, niece, and friend of adopted children, I can tell you, your baby won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment